Just a short blog post today. Like you probably already know System Center 2016 is officially launched on the 26th of September during Microsoft Ignite.
For all you guys running Hyper-V 2012 R2, and I hope that are a lot of you, Microsoft recently also released the System Center Evaluation VHDs (RTM version). The different download links, which you can find below, each consists of files that you extract into a single pre-configured VHD file. There are VHDs for several different System Center components like SCVMM, SCOM and SCDPM, but also for SCSM and SCORCH. When each VHD is downloaded it will enable you to create a VM (Generation 1) which you can use to evaluate and test each different System Center component. Be aware that most of these VMs ran in a Workgroup. It’s best to already have a DC configured and setup in your test environment, so you can join them into your test domain before you start playing around with them.
Hereby the list for are all the System Center 2016 Evaluation VHDs available for download:
- System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager – Evaluation (VHD)
- System Center 2016 Data Protection Manager – Evaluation (VHD)
- System Center 2016 Operations Manager – Evaluation (VHD)
- System Center 2016 Service Manager – Evaluation (VHD)
- System Center 2016 Orchestrator – Evaluation (VHD)
Hope this helps you getting familiar with these new releases.
Wim Matthyssen (@wmatthyssen)