You are browsing the archive for Community.

by timdk

IT/Dev Connections 2014 Debrief

10:22 pm in Community, Events by timdk

I arrived back in Belgium last Saturday after what has been a very exciting week at the IT/Dev Connections event in Las Vegas. A quick debrief of the event:

First of all a big thumbs-up to Megan, Angela, Rod and the entire team organizing the event. I honestly believe the ingredients and the recipe for this event are spot on. Great venue, awesome speakers and session content, plus plenty of social activity and networking opportunities.

2014-09-14 18.20.56Next to being an attendee I also had the pleasure to deliver two sessions with my friend Kenny. Our morning session was packed to the extent that a few people were without seats and had to stand up in the back of the room. The afternoon session was less crowded but I was pleased to see a lot of people from the morning session came back to see us.

I would like to take the opportunity again to thank everyone who joined our sessions. Further feedback, comments or questions on these sessions are always welcome. For those of you who submitted session evals: we were informed the feedback will be provided to us in the upcoming days and we will definitely take your input into account. Also make sure to check the session wrap-ups here and here.

From a networking perspective I honestly cannot start to describe and/or quantify what this events has meant to me. Not only did I meet a lot of new people, it has also been the perfect opportunity to meet up with friends from the System Center community that I had not seen in quite some time. This to me is worth even more than the excellent session content.

ITDev-MeetTheBelgiansOne last fun fact: based on the twitter analytics published by Martina Grom and Toni Pohl it seems that "the Belgians" have been very busy on Twitter as well during the entire event. Unknowingly we made it into the top of the statistics. Make sure to check out the full report here.

I had a fantastic time at the event and I am already looking forward to the 2015 edition of IT/Dev Connections! From what I heard more about that will be announced soon!

Until next time.

Tim

by timdk

IT/Dev Connections 2014 Speaker

7:58 am in Community, Configuration Manager, Events, Microsoft Intune, System Center by timdk

In a few weeks I will be heading to Las Vegas for IT/Dev Connections. This conference is taking place at the Aria Resort from September 15th to the 19th.

With MMS being discontinued, this is an event I have been really looking forward to for the past few months. Next to being a first time attendee I am also honored to be able to deliver 2 sessions in the Windows track.

The Windows track has a great line-up of speakers and sessions, and the keynote for this track will be presented by Brad Anderson, Corporate VP at Microsoft (blog).

These are the session titles and abstracts of the sessions that I will be delivering:

Session 1 : System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and Intune: Setup and deployment Notes from the field, with a focus on Single Sign on.

This session dives into what you’ll do at the server level to drive System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and Windows Intune integration for mobile device management.

The session includes real-life experience from the field to set up a subscription, connectors, certificates, Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS 2.0/2.1/3.0), DirSync, and workplace join scenarios among all possible server configurations that enable mobile device management.

Learn best practices for setting up AD FS from the field for user authentication and Single Sign-On; prepare for the challenges if you invested in previous AD FS 2.0/2.1 and want to take advantage of AD …

Session 2 : Managing your hybrid Mobile cloud workforce demystified with System Center Configuration Manager 2012 R2.

Do you need to manage Windows 8.1/RT, including non-Microsoft mobile devices, with Microsoft’s UDM solution (Configuration Manager 2012 R2 plus Intune)? Do you need to provide functionality for deploying the new Intune extensions (such as email profiles), managing your MDM settings, configuring VPN and wireless profiles, and deploying certificates?

Compliance settings, company resource access, and Intune extensions delivered in Configuration Manager are mostly unexplored territory for the Configuration Manager administrator. In this session we’ll use numerous demos to demystify these features. …

I will be co-hosting these sessions together with my friend and ECM expert Kenny Buntinx. Both are currently scheduled on Wednesday September 17h. You can browse the full session catalog here.

Note that Kenny and myself will not be the only Belgians presenting at the conference. Also in the Windows track there will be 2 sessions from our fellow SCUG member Dieter Wijckmans and a session from Michael Van Horenbeeck. Together we will show some serious Belgian Community Power!

Interested? Registrations for the event are still open. Click here for details.

Hope to see you there!

Tim

by timdk

ITPROCeed 2014 Debrief

10:39 pm in Community, Events by timdk

ITPROCeed_LogoLast week Thursday the first edition of ITPROCeed took place at ALM in Antwerp. This event was an initiative that rose out of the ashes of the Belgian TechDays, which Microsoft decided to discontinue after a successful last edition in 2013.

The organization and setup of this event was powered by the Belgian IT Pro community and it is the effort of the user groups in close cooperation –and with great support from– with Microsoft that has made this first edition of the event a great success.

ITPROCeed_Tweet_1From an attendee perspective there were 500+ registrations spread over the 4 tracks. The System Center track had the largest number of registrations – which proves System Center is still a very hot topic!

ITPROCeed_Tweet_4I had the pleasure to be a speaker at this edition and would like to take the opportunity to thank those attendees who attended the session on Unified Device Management I delivered together with Kenny Buntinx. Based on the photos on social media and the reactions on twitter it is always nice to see that people are ITPROCeed_Tweet_3enjoying our sessions. Furthermore I hope the winners of the Enterprise Mobility Management books by Jack Madden are having a good read as we speak.

For those who attended make sure to check out the ITPROCeed page on Facebook to see whether or not you ITPROCeed_Tweet_2made it to the photo albums. For those who did not attend make sure to check out what you have missed. For the social media addicts (and analysts) I can recommend the ITPROCeed wall on Eventifier.

I am sure everyone agrees that this first edition was a success. And this is only the beginning: the standard has been set. The bar can be raised. And for that the date of June 11th for the 2015 edition has already been pinned on the calendar.

See you at the 2015 edition of ITPROCeed!

Tim

by timdk

Technet Webcast – Configuration Manager 2012 Compliance Settings 101

5:20 pm in Community, Configuration Manager, Events by timdk

Metro-EventTomorrow I will be delivering a Technet Webcast on Configuration Manager Compliance Settings. The session starts at 10.00 AM (GMT+1) and I will kick off with a short overview of this very powerful feature, then outline how to implement it, and also cover and demonstrate some practical scenarios.

This is the session abstract:

Compliance settings, formerly known as DCM, remains one of the often unexplored features in Configuration Manager. During this session we will walk through the new capabilities and improvements of this feature in ConfigMgr 2012, discuss implementation details, and demonstrate how you can  start using it to fulfill actual business requirements.

Registrations are still open! If you want to join us, just click here to register.

by timdk

ITPROCeed 2014 Speaker

6:41 pm in Community, Events by timdk

itproceed_speaking_125x125Now that the Belgian edition of the Microsoft TechDays officially belongs to the past I am happy to see that new initiatives are being taken by Microsoft and the Belgian IT community to put new events on the agenda.

ITPROCeed is one of those events which will take place next week. The event is mainly focused on the IT Pro. With a total of four tracks (SQL, System Center, Azure and Office Services) there will be a broad variety of content being offered by various speakers.

I am honored to be a speaker at this event. Together with my friend and partner in crime Kenny Buntinx I will be delivering a session on mobile device management with Configuration Manager and Windows Intune. It is entitled Managing your hybrid Mobile cloud Workforce Demystified and below is the session abstract.

Do you need to manage Windows 8.1 / RT and/or other non-Microsoft mobile devices with Microsoft’s UDM Solution ( CM12R2 + Intune)? Do you need to provide functionality for deploying the new Intune Extensions such as email profiles, managing your MDM settings, configuring VPN and wireless profiles, deploying certs?

Compliance Settings , Company Resource Access and Intune Extensions delivered in Configuration Manager are mostly unexplored territory for the configmgr admin. During this session we will demystify these features for you.

Tickets for this event sold out a while ago – I hope you were in time to grab yours so you can be part of what will be the biggest IT Pro event in Belgium this year.

More details about the event can be found on the ITPROCeed website.

Hope to meet you there!

Tim

by timdk

BriForum London 2014 Debrief

7:53 pm in Community, Events by timdk

Beginning of this week I had the pleasure of delivering a session at BriForum in London. Together with my friend and ECM expert Kenny Buntinx we delivered a session entitled ConfigMgr 2012 R2 and Intune: Setup and Deployment Notes from the Field (with focus on Single Sign-on & ADFS).

BRIForum Session SignIf you attended the session (or had a look at the recording), and you are looking for the scripts and the “Workplace Join Hitman” powershell app we uncovered, please have a look at the post that Kenny published on his blog.

Also we are interested in your feedback and comments on our session – if you have further feedback and/or would like to ask some additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to Kenny or myself.

As a first time attendee and speaker I would like to add that the entire BriForum experience has been awesome. Plenty of deep-dive technical content, a really nice venue and hotel arrangements. Excellent coffee and food. And, last but not least: I really enjoyed the networking opportunities onsite, the speaker dinner, and the VIG breakfast. What a great community! It has been a pleasure and an honor to be part of this.

For sure the 2015 edition of the event will definitely be on my radar.

Until next time!

Tim

by timdk

BriForum London 2014 Speaker

6:30 pm in Community, Events by timdk

briforum_london_registernow_030414_300x250In 2014 BriForum is celebrating its 10th year, and I am honored to be one of the speakers at BriForum London 2014.

The 2-day event is taking place on the 20th and 21st of May and will have a fully loaded program including over 30 technical sessions. In a few weeks time I will be on stage in London co-presenting a breakout session with my friend and fellow SCUG member Kenny Buntinx.

Our session is entitled: ConfigMgr 2012 R2 and Intune: Setup and Deployment Notes from the Field (with focus on Single Sign-on & ADFS). This is the session abstract:

This session dives into what you’ll do at the server level to drive Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and Windows Intune integration for mobile device management. The session includes real life experience from the field to setup a subscription, connectors, certificates, Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS 2.0/2.1/ 3.0), DirSync, and workplace join scenarios among all possible different server configurations that enable mobile device management in all its beauty.

As you can see we will be covering quite some technologies and we are planning to show some neat demo’s along the way.

Next to ours there are plenty of other sessions covering various hot topics. Curious? Make sure to have a look at the full conference agenda. And don’t forget: Registration for the event is still open – so you can still attend!

Hope to see you there!

Tim

by timdk

SCUGbe App available now!

9:37 pm in Community by timdk

SCUGbeApp2During the “What’s new in System Center SP1″ session at the Techdays we already announced that SCUGbe would release its very own app soon.

As of today the application is officially available. The app  is showing the content from the SCUGbe RSS feeds and provides you with all the latest information from SCUGbe at a glance!

Curious? go get it in the Windows store!

Thanks Dieter Wijckmans and Kenny Buntinx for bringing out the inner developer in you! :-)

by timdk

TechDays 2013

11:53 pm in Community, Events by timdk

TechDays – the yearly 3 day top IT event in Belgium – will take place again beginning of March.

For the 2013 edition the event is moving back to Kinepolis Antwerp.

The first sessions and speakers have been announced just now. Amongst them is our fellow SCUG member Kim Oppalfens. Check out his session details here. Want to find out more about the event and see what other sessions are scheduled? Alle details are available on the TechDays website.

Registrations are now open – make sure to register before January 1st to get an early bird discount.

TechDays Early bird banner wide

by timdk

New MEET Website

11:51 pm in Community by timdk

Today the new and improved website of the Microsoft Extended Experts team was launched.

Check it out at: http://www.microsoft.com/belux/Meet/

Hope to MEET you soon!

Tim