Today Jeff Wettlaufer has announced at http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenter/archive/2010/10/14/configuration-manager-2007-r3-is-here.aspx that ConfigMgr R3 has been RTM’ed.
You must all known as well that this is the FIRST release EVER within Microsoft been made that carries the name R3.
Soon I will write a blog on how to install the final RTM code & if you really want to know how it really works in practice and what the caveats are , come to my session “ConfigMgr R3 , Notes from the field” at our own Belgian System Center Day at November 3thd. Register at http://systemcenterday.eventbrite.com/
I am very excited to announce and to talk about the release of System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3. ConfigMgr R3 drives new scenario support to existing world class capabilities.
Below I will list a few :
- Power Management for Green IT. When combined with competitive, environmental and regulatory pressure, it is really exciting to deliver centralized, policy based Power Management in ConfigMgr.
- With ConfigMgr R3, 300,000 managed clients per hierarchy could be managed.
- By tightening the key relationship to Active Directory with finer, more granular polling and delta monitoring, and marrying this with a new ability to rapidly populate those changes into collections.
- Some additional OSD Scenarios , such a Pre-staged Media.
- Some always wanted ConfigMgr Administrator console extensions , such as “Add a resource to a collection” on a simplified way.
See you at 3 November @ Living Tomorrow when delivering an ConfigMgr R3 session .