It’s clear that SCCM 2012 has a bunch of new features and improvments on board. Don’t know if anyone found some time to make the list but what I know is that the list will be long, very long.
After testing a while the RC version following improvements make me very happy. (so this is personal of course )
A lot of cool stuff on Client Settings side:
– Suspend Bitlocker PIN on restart.
How cool is that. I know quite some customers that didn’t want the Bitlocker PIN because of application installs that need a reboot. With this setting they don’t have to bother anymore.
– No escape anymore. Set Execution policy for Powershell
– Set install permissions (all users, no users, only admins, only admins & primary users)
– Configure firewall settings for remote control
With CM07 I was always confused with “System Group Discovery” and “Security Group Discovery”. Probably I was not the only one, as they changed it now.
With RC “System Group” is removed and “Security Group” is renamd to “Group Discovery”.
So now it’s clear with “Group Discovery” you discover groups and membership of these groups.
AD Forest/Group/System/User Discovery, sounds more obvious to me.
Introduced in CM07 R3, cool feature but quite annoying that it only worked for new resources in AD. In Beta2 there were already some impromvents in RC it rocks!
- Auto Remediation in DCM is very nice but with RC DCM respects Maintenance Windows. NICE
- Client health state is from now live data instead of summarized data.
- Our favorite tool to read logs (I know some prefer Notepad… Wally) is now part of the installation so you don’t need to install a toolkit. It’s also renamed into “cmtrace”. You can find it in the Installation Directory under “Tools”.
- Simulate Application deployments, called preflight. Very nice to analyze your application deployment type behaviour without installing anything.
CAUTION: A simulated deployments counts as a real one which prevents a real
deployment being targeted to the same collection as a simulation is targeted.
Till next time!